What we’re looking for:
An Embedded Software Engineer to join the team working on an exciting and challenging range of design consultancy projects. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision, willing to learn fast and comfortable presenting their ideas to customers. The following experience is required:
– Outstanding C programming skills and at least one scripting language such as Python, Perl, Lua
– Embedded systems development experience using 32-bit ARM-based microcontrollers Cortex-M and Cortex-A series
– Comfortable working in either bare metal environments or using an RTOS
– An understanding of the principles behind protocol stacks and some real world experience using them
– Ability to solve difficult problems creatively, using different methods / approaches e.g., software debugging tools, protocol analyzers, trace tools, logic analyzer, digital scope
– Capable of understanding schematics and bridging the gap between software and hardware
The following skills would be regarded as highly beneficial:
– Experience working directly with wireless protocols (WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G/4G, others)
– Worked on personal projects for fun and demonstrably in the open source community via GitHub or BitBucket e.g., using Raspberry Pi.
– Exposure to Embedded Linux and/or Android- Hands-on experience using STM32, Microchip SAMS7x or NXP IMX6 family processors
– FreeRTOS experience or other commercial RTOS
What we’re offering:
– Competitive salary
– Company Pension
– Great contemporary office in the centre of Bath with roof top terrace!
– Flexible working
– Social and team building events
– The opportunity to work on a range of exciting and diverse projects
– A place where you can grow and make a meaningful contribution to the company
If you feel you are the right person for this role please contact us enclosing a copy of your CV and your salary expectations.