Embedded Software Engineer
Icoteq Ltd are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join the team working on a range of interesting and challenging design consultancy projects. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision, willing to learn fast and comfortable presenting their ideas to customers. The following experience is required:
– Outstanding C programming skills and at least one scripting language such as Python, Perl, Lua
– Embedded systems development experience using 32-bit ARM-based microcontrollers Cortex-M and Cortex-A series
– Comfortable working in either bare metal environments or using an RTOS
– An understanding of the principles behind protocol stacks and some real world experience using them
– Ability to solve difficult problems creatively, using different methods / approaches e.g., software debugging tools, protocol analyzers, trace tools, logic analyzer, digital scope
– Capable of understanding schematics and bridging the gap between software and hardware
– Worked on personal projects for fun and demonstrably in the open source community via GitHub or BitBucket e.g., using Raspberry Pi.
– Exposure to Embedded Linux and/or Android- Hands-on experience using STM32, Microchip SAMS7x or NXP IMX6 family processors
– FreeRTOS experience or other commercial RTOS
– Experience working with directly with wireless protocols (WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G/4G, others)
The role will be based in Bristol or Bath with flexible working encouraged. If you feel you are the right person for this role please contact Icoteq directly through our website www.icoteq.com.
No agency submissions.